On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

11.25.2005

Seriously Bad Weather

I knew that it would be gray and gloomy in the Netherlands, but no one ever mentioned the wind.

To say that it was merely windy last night would be an understatement. With the rain and sleet, it was more like some freakish winter hurricane. Throughout the night, we woke to the sound of ice pebbles smacking into our 8-foot windows. You can imagine how they feel blowing into your face.

This morning is no better. About every ten minutes the rain and sleet subside and the wind howls. I feel like a moronic little pig defending a glass house against the big bad wolf.

The weather is apparently unpredictable. Forecasts for the weekend range from snow to clear skies. Needless to say, it's impossible to plan around the weather.

I can't decide if it's better to expect the worst or hope for the best. For now, it appears to be clearing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger akaijen said...

I think it's best to expect the worst.

The only improvement in the weather so far is that it's no longer sleeting.

12:13 PM GMT+1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home