On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

1.25.2006

Om Sri Ganeshaya Namah

The above mantra is a dedication to the Hindu god, Ganesha. The familiar elephant-headed son of Shiva is said to be the remover of obstacles. It is considered good luck to honor Ganesha before embarking on a new adventure.

Though I'm not Hindu, I honor Ganesha today because we finally received a positive letter from the immigration department. I've been awarded my residence permit! While I still have a few more hoops to jump through until I'm completely settled, this is a HUGE step forward.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert MacMillan said...

I bet there really is a many-handed paunchy Hindu elephant pushing pens down at the local coourthuis -- until Verdonk kicks him out.

8:31 PM GMT+1

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on getting the doohickey. how do you say "bureaucrat" in dutch? nice blog, by-the-by! so mondrian. brian would love it.

5:05 AM GMT+1

 
Blogger Robert MacMillan said...

I will honor the elephantine Ganesh when I see a new blog post. In the meantime, I pray to G-d that you should do one. We miss you, Haag!

5:57 AM GMT+1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home