On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

4.22.2006

Dental Update

Many thanks to everyone who's emailed me about my tooth. Happily, it didn't end in me yanking my own tooth out with pliers. Sure that's a stupid idea now, but I did ponder the necessity of that particular tooth. It sits way in the back anyway.

On Thursday afternoon I popped in on Dr. A- again. I told him about the pain and that it especially hurt b/c the filling seemed to be a bit too tall. Every time my bottom tooth would even tap it, lightening bolts of pain would explode into my face. I realized the tooth was too tall as soon as the novocaine wore off, but I thought I'd wait to complain about that after the pain went away. The mere thought of an electric file buzzing that tooth was enough to almost make me pass out.

Wily Dr. A- immediately set about filing it down, and then sent me on my way. I asked about pain killers and he said to just take 600mg of ibuprofen.

Me: "Uhm, but Doc, that hasn't been helping."

Dr. A-: "I think it will be better now that we fixed the height of that filling."

Me, thinking that sounded like BS: "Uh, okay...."

By golly, Dr. A- is a genius. I haven't loved a doctor this much since Dr. W- back home quickly diagnosed a nasty case of strep throat couple years ago. The tooth pain started subsiding within hours.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home