On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

3.30.2006

What a Difference a Few Degrees Make

Last weekend, Europe and the UK sprung forward to "summer time" (AKA daylight savings time) nearly a month ahead of the States. To that I say, "AWE YEAH!" The days were already getting longer, but now the sun sets closer 9pm and it's not even April.

The extra boost of daylight is noticeably uplifting moods around town. The temperature is only about 5-10 degrees warmer than a week ago, and in spite of the wind, it's making a huge difference in my own outlook. I may find it necessary to sniff out a few wireless hotspots around town and start working on my laptop in outdoor cafes. How good would that be? It's so good, in fact, that it might entirely make up for the gloomy winter and our travails with immigration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home