On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

3.16.2007

To Wii or Not to Wii?

Wii's are still in short supply and high demand over here in You're Up. The word on the street is that new shipments have come in here and there. Also, the PS3 makes it's European debut next week. I'm thinking PS3s might distract some potential Wii buyers, upping my odds of getting my grubby paws on Nintendo's new sensation. Awe yeah.

But. But.

Everyone knows that Euro TVs are different from U.S. TVs, so the game consoles are different as well. Game developers also employ the same pesky region restrictions on the games themselves, meaning that your console must match the game region for it all to work properly. I'm sure you can hack them, but do I want to sift through the fodder of that Google search? Not sure. Do I want to risk busting a 250EUR purchase? Really not sure.

So. What to do? What to do? I can't take a Euro Wii to the U.S. I can't leave for six long, gloomy months.

What if I bought a PS2? Might that be a good compromise? Given it's low, low price I might even be willing to hack the PS2 to get it to work in the U.S. What do you think?

C'mon people. Can you tell I'm bored here???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home