On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

4.23.2007

Oh Oh Den Haag

Since we'll be leaving soon(ish), we've started compiling a list of all the things we want to see or do before we leave - both in Holland and in Europe. Meanwhile, I'm snapping as many photos as seems reasonable to document our time here. I'll start sharing some of the more everyday things that we generally overlook like tram stops and such.

But maybe I shouldn't bother, because this guy has not only posted video footage of my foster city, but wrote a song as well. It's not quite "New York, New York," or "Do You Know the Way to San Jose," but it's a bit catchy, if not a bit tropical or something.



This video is at least 15 years old, but generally it still looks the same. Notice the overcast sky?

BTW, my Dad found this clip. He could probably ghost write my blog after we leave. That guy's never even been here!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, that previous comment appeared to be a bit spammish. i am hoping you will email me and then i can send you my real email address.

I currently live in the U.S. and will probably be moving to the Hague in the next 6 months. I am trying to go back and scan your posts to get a feel for the move and community. I saw that you brought dogs and was hoping to ask you questions about how it was to move them, how you got them here and what you do with them when you travel. I have lots of questions about the people, community, lifestyle, etc. and was hoping to pick your brain (even though you are returning to the U.S.)

If you don't mind emailing me at theboarnets@yahoo.com I would greatly appreciate it. This is my spammers email address and then I can email you privately my other email address - hopefully bypassing spam.

Thanks so much in advance.
Nicole

12:08 AM GMT+2

 
Blogger Sarah Caron said...

Where have you been for the past month?!?

11:07 PM GMT+2

 
Blogger akaijen said...

I'm still here - just not into ragging on Holland as much anymore now that we're moving back to the States. I have a back log of things I want to post about though... I'll try to get myself togther soon. :)

7:59 AM GMT+2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home