On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

11.28.2005

Indo Pop

This falls into the category of "Cool things about the Netherlands."

The other day I bought a clock radio from Blokker. With no clue about radio stations in the Hague, I did the logical thing and started at the beginning of the dial, trolling around for a suitable station to wake up to each morning. Long about 99.8 I found the one:

Haagstad Radio - India's finest!

We seem to be living in Suriname central, I mean centraal. On a practical level this means that down the street is a suweeet Surinamese grocery store (for very un-Dutch spices, Chinese noodles and Ayurvedic soap), and around the corner are Bollywood video and Bollywood fashion.

I have a not-so secret penchant for Bollywood movies - the more singing and dancing the better. So now I can properly outfit myself as I shimmy along. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

Click here to find out what Suriname, India and the Netherlands have to do with one another.

Namaste!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home