On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

2.28.2006

No Heat

Some breaking news... for the second time in less than a week our heat has gone out. We have a modern version of a radiator system where hot water is pushed through pipes that run throughout the building. Somehow it's connected to the hot water, so that's out as well. Bugger! as B- would say. No showers for us.

In fact, it actually cut out late last night. We were powerless to do anything about it since we couldn't understand the message on the property manager's answering machine. We're flummoxed that our neighbors didn't call. It was new news when I got a hold of the landlord this morning. B- thinks it's typical Dutch complacency. Me, I think maybe they don't shower.

It's going on 12 hours with no heat. Brrrr!

The HI-larious thing is that the landlord, who knows I don't speak Dutch, asked me to call the heating guy to organize a time for him to come by. He speaks better English than some of the other guys who've been around, but still.

In any case, Mr. Quick (I'm not kidding, that's his name) should be on his way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home