On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

8.02.2006

Zomer's Over

It seems that our 3 weeks of summer has come and gone. The days are noticeably shorter, it's about 35F degrees colder, and the monsoons have returned. Of course, this transformation took place just after we finally bought a fan and a couple of outdoor chairs for our balcony. Thank you, Murphy, for your stupid laws.

Not only does this shift in weather bring about that unmistakable 'back to school' feeling, I also find myself unable to select a good outfit each day. I'm convinced that I simply don't have the right clothes for this weather, nevermind that I wasn't exactly roaming around naked before the heat tsunami (a bit more than a wave, you see) hit.

The Dutch really have the art of layering down -- something I've never been good at. This is a hard pill to swallow b/c I don't consider myself a frumpy dresser, but I think I need the "What Not To Wear" crew to show up to my door, snel.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

They spell 'summer' with a Z?! That is so cool!

1:52 PM GMT+2

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still 104F in the shade here.

4:49 PM GMT+2

 
Blogger akaijen said...

Apparently it snowed buckets in Jo'burg, South Africa the other day and a massive typhoon is menacing China. Today, I'm contemplating turning on the heat.

Nah, climate change isn't a problem or anything...

9:44 AM GMT+2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home