On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

8.22.2006

Google vs. Holland

Found this gem on Expatica this morning:

Dutch googelen falls foul of Google

It seems that Google doesn't want people to use its brand name as a verb, and they recently sent their laywers out on a letter-writing campaign to quell this trend.

Now, I've been standing by Google for ages now, even as the sourgrapes gang has likened them to "the next Microsoft." I kinda thought they'd be flattered that a nonsensical word like Google would become common vernacular across the world. What kinda name is Google anyway?

Of course my question is: how do you conjugate googelen?

Ik googel
Jij googel
U googelt
Hij googelt
Wij googelen
Zij googelen
?

Gosh, when you conjucate it, it isn't even 'google' in Dutch.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home