On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

8.08.2006

Smile

A couple lives prior to My New Dutch Life, I lived the life of a rock star secret hideout. After it all fell apart, I dug down deep to strike out on my own and came up empty handed. I even started working out beats and melodies with my pal, DJ Satori, but nothing flowed.

Almost 5 years out and I think I know what my problem was. I really didn't want to pull some kind of Alanis Morissette and write a bunch of angry tunes, dragging my fans through my catharsis. But the truth is, I was angry. If I had anything to say at that time in my life, it was all about how freagin' pissed I was. Could you blame me? My band broke up just before we were supposed to play a cool festival in Oregon, an airplane crashed into the Pentagon less than a mile from my house on the day our last album was released, and I had just started a job where I was picking up the slack of a drunk woman.

So thank you, Lily Allen, for writing the kind of album I held back on. Her debut, "Alright, Still," is chock full of peppy pop tunes with angry, vengeful lyrics. My kinda girl!

What's this to do with my Dutch life? Are Seven tells me the album won't be released for another year in the U.S. Finally a perk! To my peeps back in the States, you'll have to settle for the video.



Oh yea, and many thanks to Are Seven for the tip off on this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

Daaaaaaaamn! That video is HARSH! I mean, I've been bitter before, but I've never paid four kids to beat up my ex. Three, maybe, but never four.

4:02 PM GMT+2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home