On Nov. 23, 2005 I moved to The Hague from Washington, DC. This is my new Dutch life.

2.07.2007

Duned



This past weekend the Sun managed to beat down the Clouds here in the low country and we managed a whole Saturday's worth of sunshine. As I've hinted before, this is nothing short of monumental. In honor of the occasion our mini-daffodils bloomed early. How 'bout that? For a much-needed dose of Vitamin D, B- and I took Nigel to Oostduin Park for a bit of wandelen among the dunes.

It's strange and wild landscape and hard to imagine that much of the Netherlands used to look like that. In fact, there are big chunks of the interior of the country filled with sand dunes. The following is a photo I took last Easter at Hoge Veluwe National Park, which is a good two hour drive East of The Hague.



Really, can you see much difference?

In other news, I posted some happy snaps from our trips to Vienna and France. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home